Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connections to Justine?
Alardem Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Connections to Justine?

(08-30-2013, 10:14 AM)Peci Wrote: Hello and welcome to this side of reality ;) I have a very similar history of stalking, even though I theoretically registered last year.

It was very interesting to read your thoughts (and facts) about Justine. My knowledge of Justine's plot is somewhat lacking.

Quote:Mandus is doing something unethical with children.

The more I have thought about this, the more I agree. And I think this extends to his own children. Or at the least he let something be done to them.

I also have my thought of the "big picture" and the so called message of the game, but I don't know if I should write this stuff anywhere else than the spoiler thread. I understand that some people want to protect themself from any bits of information.

Thanks! Throwing in spoiler tags like party favors is something I'm more than used to by now. :P I haven't played Amnesia or Justine for several months, so any details that were vague (like the phrases in Justine's hallway or the maddening effects of the 'star-shaped soapstone') were looked up on the Amnesia wiki.

I'm not too certain if I like the idea of Justine or Mandus being victims of some supernatural force beyond their reckoning, but I feel there's more to them than meets the eye. Ambiguity is always a great tool to use in horror. It's possible that Justine may have naturally been a sociopath, but it's also plausible that her sadism, patricide and obsession with finding an Orb comes from using the paranormal artifact in her family's possession.

Working off of that, it's possible to see whatever Mandus did in the missing months of AMFP as a combination of his own grief, greed and blind privilege - and perhaps supernatural compulsion. He IS "sick", after all. Looking at it from this angle, Justine and Mandus could be argued to be as much victims of inhuman forces as Daniel was - and Daniel's not at all an innocent lamb himself!

It may be that I'm wrong and Mandus' actions are purely of his own volition, but I still want to hold onto the ill-conceived notion that he may be a better man than the pre-release information make him out to be. Not because I like child-exploiting, imperialistic, greedy capitalists, but because it's a cliche to have you play as an evil amnesiac at this point!
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2013, 01:45 PM by Alardem.)
08-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Connections to Justine? - by Alardem - 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM
RE: Connections to Justine? - by Peci - 08-30-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Connections to Justine? - by Alardem - 08-30-2013, 01:19 PM