Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

History of the Universe and Earth
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: History of the Universe and Earth

Again, to be clear, i never once proposed that the external, conscious and omnipotent entity is necessarily a creator. Those are more of your words and not mine. I merely made use of the word "creator" because you mentioned it first. My argument was restrictive only to the cause and reason of unnatural events. True, i have no issues accepting a Creator God, but that was not my argument. And, indeed, misunderstandings in logic and reason (i.e. human error) is not evidence of "illogical truths." My argument was deductive in its nature, not inductive or indirect. So, no, i did not make a claim from nothing, as Bridge suggests.

I have yet to see an explanation or argument that doesn't entail space and time as being mere concepts. Unfortunately, i am not really interested in reconciling the absurdities that come from claiming that these concepts physically exist. Making the claim, therefore, that something couldn't have existed before the "beginning of time" is redundant. Not to mention that claiming that a Creator is restricted to creation, or something that didn't pre-exist the Creator, is self-contradictory. Indeed, if time is not eternal but a "creator" is, then time, therefore, does not apply to this "creator." It should be obvious, therefore, that any "creator" existing only after the "beginning of time" is as much of a "creator" as a human being, and so is incapable of unnatural events (although its capability for natural events is itself questionable).

It is not difficult to defile my original argument. After all, if it could be shown that events deemed as unnatural (i've already defined unnatural in my original argument, at least insofar as my argument is concerned, so i need not explain it here) are in fact natural, then i have no argument, even if the resulting conclusion is an infinite regression. I shouldn't have to make this simple fact excessively clear to anyone. Then again, neither are you required to fill in a gap that the scientific community has difficulty filling with logical explanations (although their failure may come from adhering too strictly to concepts and theories).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2013, 01:28 AM by Your Computer.)
09-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Nice - 08-31-2013, 11:14 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Tiger - 08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 08-31-2013, 04:57 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Froge - 09-01-2013, 02:15 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-01-2013, 04:24 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Your Computer - 09-02-2013, 01:27 AM
RE: History of the Universe and Earth - by Bridge - 09-02-2013, 05:29 PM