Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you rate Requiem? (or until now)
Zeewolf Offline

Threads: 1
RE: How do you rate Requiem? (or until now)

Penumbra Wrote:Yeah, I like puzzle games n' all, but you need a healthy balance between puzzles and some other genre. Like puzzle and action adverture, puzzle and horror, and stuff. Nothing but puzzles is just boring...

I disagree. Look at Portal. And, indeed, Requiem.

The problem here is purely about expectations; had you known what kind of game Requiem was, you would not have bought it. You thought you bought a new game in the same vein of the other Penumbras, and was disappointed when that turned out not to be the case.

I hope the lesson Frictional Games learns from this is not that they should stay away from pure puzzle games - in fact, I hope they do quite the opposite. But next time they release a puzzler, they should make sure that nobody expects it to be something else.

I'm pretty sure that if the game had been called something other than Penumbra: Requiem, people would have been a lot more positive about it. It's really a shame, because it is a very good product which doesn't deserve all this negativity.
09-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread