Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther?
Mr. 3vil Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther?

(09-14-2013, 07:26 AM)Quizerno Wrote: Korsakovia (99% of it at least)

I thought Korsakovia was their scariest game created and hardly a walking simulator. It even had platforming elements so complicated that one slip could cause the player to die or start over again. In particular climbing that mountain of mess or using the crowbar to figure out that you needed to break the blocked passages while collectors are zoning behind you. It was a very good mod until the source engine updated and broke most mods.

And Conscientious Objector was quite an interesting experience. The person yelling across clearly wants you dead because you're a pacifist and the gun shooting rubber bullets. It reminds me of how Portal sets up Glados and runs tests only to try and kill you in the end, except in this mod the guy succeeds because you're a lab rat.

What I've learned from Conscientious Objector is that weapons don't actually reduce scare factor if they're nerfed so much that they only slow monsters. The monsters jumping around the dark and the rubber bullets being useless made me feel helpless.

I wouldn't count TheChineseRoom out yet, they've provided some very interesting ways to deliver their games. I think the point of playing anything they make is to always experience something new, they won't be playing their Dear Esther card and making everything like it. They're trying to explore new ground after all.
(This post was last modified: 09-14-2013, 12:03 PM by Mr. 3vil.)
09-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would AAMFP be better if it would NOT be considered a game, like Dear Esther? - by Mr. 3vil - 09-14-2013, 11:56 AM