Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: AMFP without TDD is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Better
46.75%
36 46.75%
Worse
12.99%
10 12.99%
No different
40.26%
31 40.26%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it?
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it?

(09-12-2013, 04:41 PM)Ossie Wrote: I've always thought that it would be interesting to reverse the situation - let's say that A Machine For Pigs was the game that was released 3 years ago and The Dark Descent was the new release. I'm sure that there would be criticisms of that too when the two were compared. I can imagine people complaing about the following in TDD compared to the game that they were used to, AAMFP:

a) "There's now an inventory system which is annoying to use"
b) "Why is it necessary to refill the oil lantern every few minutes? This is so unrealistic and annoying!"
c) "Why do I need to keep hunting for tinderboxes to light torches and candles? It really breaks the immersion! Who has ever heard of a single use tinderbox?"
d) "There's far too many monster encounters and jump scares"
e) "The story and writing isn't anywhere near as good as the one in AAMFP"
f) "The voice acting is very average compared to the excellent voice acting in AAMFP"

No way.

a. No, I loved the inventory system; it was great in the Penumbra games, and worked just fine in TDD.

b. No, refilling the oil lamp was just like replacing the flashlight batteries in the Penumbra games, an excellent touch which places uncomfortable constraints on the player.

c. No, when TDD was released people did complain that the tinderboxes were 'one use only' (this is certainly unrealistic), but the fact that you had to use them added to the tension and immersion of the game.

d. Certainly not. I don't think there are too few monster encounters in MFP, and definitely not too many in TDD.

e. No, I find the writing in MFP excellent, but certainly not better than TDD.

f. No, I am disappointed that there is significantly less voice acting in MFP than in TDD, but I don't consider it to be of better quality.
09-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it? - by Fortigurn - 09-13-2013, 01:58 PM