Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: AMFP without TDD is:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Better
46.75%
36 46.75%
Worse
12.99%
10 12.99%
No different
40.26%
31 40.26%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it?
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
RE: If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it?

(09-21-2013, 07:34 AM)Alardem Wrote: For me, the insanity mechanic doesn't actually make much sense - it feels more like a punishment for progressing too fast rather than a genuine emulation of a real person's fear, and decreasing it as a 'reward' for completing puzzles only makes sense when using video-game logic.

It makes sense from a cognitive point of view, since the puzzle solving experience focuses the mind and helps the character regain mental clarity.

Quote:In short, it feels like a game imposing arbitrary limitations on you.

If you want arbitrary limitations imposed on you, look no further than MFP. I One of the reasons why I took 12 hours to complete the game was that about a quarter of the way through I decided I was going to try and fight the game for control of my character, and do as many things as possible that the game was clearly trying to stop me doing.

Don't want me to jump on top of that barrel? Watch me find a way. Don't want me to get to that ledge? I'll do it. Don't want me to push more than one container of Compound X down to the level with the gears? Try and stop me; I'll push them all down.
09-21-2013, 07:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: If AMFP would be released before TDD, would you feel diffrent about it? - by Fortigurn - 09-21-2013, 07:41 AM