Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra?

(09-15-2013, 09:39 AM)Soul Reaver Wrote: IMO, you can't negotiate about replayability in a single player game.
It's wasted money if you buy a game and play it for about 6 hours and throw it in the waste basket after you have completed it because there is no point in replaying it.

I respectfully disagree completely. If a game manages to deliver a pulse-pounding experience the first time I play it I would definitely feel like I had gotten my money's worth even if all subsequent playthroughs have less than a third of the original enjoyment. I would not require the subsequent playthroughs to be as fun to warrant calling a game a good title.

I would actually prefer if a game had one single zero replay value awesome campaign as opposed to several moderately fun playthroughs. Of course this is if I had to choose though. Having both is always awesome if the game can manage it, but not having done it doesn't make the game any less good.

Just my opinion though.

EDIT: Just for the fun of continuing the cake metaphor...I would still feel it was worth it if I ate the cake once, and it was delicious even if I may not ever taste it even remotely the same way again.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 12:35 PM by Kreekakon.)
09-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: FG's appeal ended together with Penumbra? - by Kreekakon - 09-15-2013, 12:29 PM