Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP.
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29
RE: [Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP.

I agree with most points you mention, but some I disagree:

I think the flickering lantern was an interesting addition.

The pig being chained and the other one being slapped, I don't really see what would make someone laugh about it. It's not meant to be humoristic, it's meant to show the dread and inhumane conditions that the pigmen live in inside the factory.

For the music, could do with more music. I'm glad they removed the "monster present" music. Although this didn't help them become less predictable.
From the architecture of the map, it was VERY obvious when/if a monster would be present.
They never appear in long hallways, only in enlarged areas with boxes etc.
Through the whole bilge/sewers I knew there wouldn't be any since there was already the water monster (which you only have to deal with for 5 seconds when you fall in).
For the rare times they did appear they were very easy. I sneaked past one in the cages place. In the turbine room I ran past one and jumped down a ladder (I knew he couldn't follow me there). In the centrifugre area I just snuck past another one who was very easy. Then I got killed but he was gone when I respawned. That and running away from the electric monster, those are the only encounters in the whole game if I recall correctly.

The puzzles I agree were all a no-brainer and the game was VERY linear, much more so than TDD.
(This post was last modified: 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM by cantremember.)
09-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Spoilers] How I felt after completing AMFP. - by cantremember - 09-15-2013, 07:31 PM