Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.
ThanatosPLz Offline

Threads: 1
RE: My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share.

(09-16-2013, 04:22 PM)Delirium92 Wrote: I find it really hard to take the original post seriously.

I can't say I can agree with anything you said to be honest; your review is kind of lacking in maturity and it just seems you expected to have the same encounters as you saw in the trailer - I don't know why that matters - but each to their own. The game is an experimental game, it isn't a direct sequel to TDD and I think this different approach to psychological horror was quite nicely done.

Some people (like me) prefer to have a good story line that can provoke thoughts, rather than have everything there on display, Dear Esther I thought was brilliant, if I want to get myself lost in the story of a game for a bit of escapism I think Dear Esther did that well and the same for AAMFP but it's not for everyone; however, if you don't like something I don't particularly think it's right to say that it is 'gay' perhaps it's better to say that it's not your cup of tea?

No one want to take me serious just because i used word "gay" in post. I never thought Frictional games community is so rigid Huh
Man, where did I wrote that I expected to have the same encounters like in the trailer ? Where ? Did you read my previous post ? I wrote: " I understand in 100% fact that they dont want us to know what is going to happen and they are modifying locations for trailers" In my opinion AMFP is simply worse than previous title in every aspect. Story isnt better (its not bad but very predictable and not especially original), game doesn't have puzzles and there are only 2 ENCOUNTERS WITH MONSTERS. I understand that for you the game is better and thats ok, I also think that it isnt as bad at all but still not as fun as previous title.
By this topic i wanted only to share my thoughts with other and see is there anyone else who can agree.

PS: I understand that game can be focused on story telling, but story in AMFP isn special at all. And how does the story telling look like ? You are finding notes about what happened earlier and you are getting flashbacks/phones as you progress through game, totally nothing new, it was allready in TDD.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2013, 06:10 PM by ThanatosPLz.)
09-16-2013, 06:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts and questions that I would really like to share. - by ThanatosPLz - 09-16-2013, 06:05 PM