The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known

Hey there everyone! I mainly created this thread as a bit of a talk session between the many custom story, and mod creators for Amnesia.

This is something I've been very concerned about, hence the title: The importance of advertising your work, getting people interested, and making as much people play it as possible when it does get released.

I've been here for a very long time, and rarely have I seen anyone on the forums advertise any of their work on a large scale. This is a particular shame for larger projects, because it very well may cause potentially several years of love, and effort get buried after a few days once the mod leaves the front page.

Working hard is important, and so is making your mod the best your vision set it out to be. But all that can very well be potentially pointless if when your story comes out NO ONE plays the damn thing, and the only way people ever knew about it was that they saw a "released mod" on the long list of Amnesia mods.

You could very well have created a masterpiece, but end up earning the "Best Mod that No one Played Award".

So this is why I think many mod creators, and not just the ones who make Amnesia ones should in addition to making quality work also know how to present their work to others so that people can know your work exists, and get the recognition it deserves instead of being a quietly released work that slowly sinks away days within release.

In my opinion there is no place for self-pride here ("Only those people who care enough to find my mod deserve to play it!"), or even to some degree...principle ("Overhyping something bad business practice, and I don't do it!"). You spent months, or years working on something...you DESERVE to be shameless, and selfish in shoving your work down people's throats (Well not too much but you get what I mean)

So comes the main reason I made this thread in the first place...I want you guys' input on this whole matter, mainly revolving around two questions although you can go out of this zone if you so please:

1. What are your thoughts on all this?

2. What would you believe is a good, and viable way to promote your own work, and get it known to as many people on the internet as possible?

Happy posting!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 10:15 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known - by Kreekakon - 09-25-2013, 09:48 AM