Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known

gonna be honest boosting how much exposure they have on here isn't going to do jack shit, i mean yeah it might be beneficial for new members looking for mods but amnesia mods have lost so much traction and importance in the modding community over the last year that i'd estimate only like 20-30 people probably come here looking for them a month.

nah man

if you wanna get your mod out there you need to venture out of the general fg forums/moddb side of thing. kreek was pretty much on point earlier, you want some real exposure then you're gonna have to venture out to other communities and websites. send it to people who run game/mod review blogs, send pre release copies to youtubers for let's play, post it on other game oriented forums etc etc etc. from there if you're really persistent about getting other people to check it out then it should spread naturally. like i said, ya gotta look for actual communities of people who are interested in the same sorta stuff and you'll hit a gold mine. if one person in the community is impressed, then they'll hype it up and share it with the other people in the community, and then those people will share it with even more people, yadda yadda yadda

point is, if you want some real exposure you gotta branch out from just this little community. luckily i've got contact with cry so i'm hoping to just hit him up with a pre release copy of my mod once it's out (which should get it plenty of exposure as i'm sure you could guess), but really just getting people from other communities interested in it too will do the trick.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2013, 09:56 PM by Kman.)
09-25-2013, 09:56 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Self-Advertising, and Proper Marketing - Getting Your Mod/Custom Story Known - by Kman - 09-25-2013, 09:56 PM