Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Theory
Istrebitel Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Theory

Honestly, I'm one who's against unexplained endings or storylines, because I consider it a cheap way to buff up the interest and inspire fans to discuss the game after playing it, but to each their own. I can agree with a well-made uncertainity that really makes you spend several months of collective thought and study to figure it out, something like a good puzzle.

However, with this one, I was truly disappointed after people on the forums (not me) combined all the facts and it seems that the dates of the notes just contradict each other.

Judging from one set of notes/facts, Oswald killed his kids during his trip, and on other notes and facts, he did this after. By some notes, kids are alive just months before the events of the game - and during the time where Oswald was kidnapping people and killing them turning them into pigs, which contradicts the fact that machine(or Oswald's second consciousness) says that Oswald spilled first blood alone (meaning, first kill was the murder of his kids by his hands), and also, such a big machine, spanning so much space (and enterprise covering it and all) could not be constructed in mere several months.

To me this is either a stupid mistake on their part, or a "clever" trick to leave the question open to player's entepretation by saying "here's several contradicting facts, find out which one to remove" - so basically, we have to say "this happened in reality but this only happened in his head" or "this is true but this is a hallucination" in order to have a coherent, non-self-contradicting story. But this is cheap and dumb! I mean,this way we can never actually figure out WTF WAS GOING ON!? We can argue til the end of the world, because there is really no way to prove which of the facts are imaginary and which are real! And if this is a screw up, then it's just such a big blunder, and if this is intended, then this is really really cheap way to keep your game popular...
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Theory - by Froge - 09-30-2013, 02:49 AM
RE: Theory - by Cuyir - 09-30-2013, 02:55 AM
RE: Theory - by Shambles - 09-30-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Theory - by Alardem - 09-30-2013, 03:50 AM
RE: Theory - by Cuyir - 09-30-2013, 04:52 AM
RE: Theory - by Froge - 09-30-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Theory - by Kein - 10-01-2013, 01:31 AM
RE: Theory - by 7heDubz - 10-06-2013, 04:48 AM
RE: Theory - by Rodogaar - 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM