Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelter is done and ready to be played by you!
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Shelter is done and ready to be play by you!

So. I just played your CS for about 45 minutes, and I have quite a lot of feedback to give !

First of all, I like the fact that you created something different, kinda free-roam, with some hidden easter eggs. That's a pretty original idea, and I like anything new.

But the problem is that your maps are way too big and empty. Basically, that sums up all the gaming experience : I spent so much time running through endless corridors and tunnels that I did not feel like looking everywhere for those uncollideable walls. Also, you should put less fog in the mines. Small foggy areas are fine and can make us scared because of the reduced vision, but too much fog just makes it frustrating to play.

About the atmosphere, the first map had me kinda creeped out, and after 10 minutes I kinda understood there would be nothing scary.

I'll add one more thing, some of your maps are litterally just a staircase, while other are huge and empty tunnels.

So, I think the idea is good, and you used some stuff kinda nicely (welders, ladders, thunder noises), but the CS felt too empty for me. There's a lot of work in that CS though, so I think you'll deliver great mods if you keep on improving !

By the way, if you want to fix the trees, you can make them uncollideable and adding a blockbox (entities, technical) around them ! That'll help you ; >

12-09-2013, 10:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shelter is done and ready to be play by you! - by daortir - 12-09-2013, 10:08 PM