Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[RELEASED] Collapsing Cosmos : The Silver Key
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: [RELEASED] Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key

Wow, earlier release which is really nice! Smile

Downloading now, I will give review soon Smile

Woah, after playing it my mind is blowed out how cool experience this was!

Now to the review:

Spoiler below!
If this is your first project ever, damn dude this was one of the coolest, uniquest mod I ever played, that level designing, editing those maps, I just stopped looking those maps a while and just dreamed "I want to design levels like this dude did" and "I died jealous" in my mind lol.

Well.. you nailed it, sir! Storytelling, from the beginning to end gameplay experience was so awesome and never boring, repetitive you managed to kept me interest whole time.
I mean there are so rare mods which did you to do good job to keep me entertainment as the story comes and playing those levels to the end.

Now flaws and good things:

Story: As come to me, I never pay so much attention to the story, I read the notes, but sometimes I lose track to keep focused, which is my fault, but this one was really different and how I read the notes, I really felt to "Lovecraft world" and all those weird things happening after progressing on the maps. It was really good, original not boring stuff at all and it fits to this mod perfectly! - 9/10

Scares: Well there were just a couple, BUT really good placed encounters which I never expected to happen, timing was perfect and really terrifying, but yeah not that unique things what I expected too, just encounters but overall atmosphere feeeling like those "Big skulls and enviroment" was really horrifying and I thinked: "Damn those skulls will attack me" or maybe not? Overall decent scares with "No lame jumpscares or overused things" - 8/10

Mapping: WELL! What I can say, I didn't notice even one bug, overlapping texture, you did level designing so carefully, I just would call you professional mapper, I'm really jealous about your mapping design, that was just WOAH! All those lightning and how you used complicated things to make something awesome and different, I loved to look those often than just "same repetitive walls, same normal design that is just boring" Well.. not in this one, Library map, how things changed, outsidedoor enviroment just wonderful! Overall one of the best designing maps I ever looked and played through! - 10/10

Scripting: Well, there are many things and complicated ones what I liked and not boring stuff at all, my favourite part was "platform jumping on those big stuff designing maps" and how enviroment changes and couple events where everything was upside down and just need to teleport other places were really unique and awesome change and different gameplay experience totally. Boss fight was confusing, but really great and nicely done. Overall you handled scripting nicely and carefully without getting stuck anywhere or just making stupid mistake, scripting error etc. - 7.5/10

Puzzles: Well there are not so many puzzles, but if you have to figure something out, you really have to think sometimes to progress, for me it was pretty challenging, but not hard at all to figure everything out.
Overall satisfied amount puzzles and brain-thinking puzzles. - 8/10

Atmosphere: One of the strongest point on this mod is atmosphere, I mean all the writing and stuff player said and where I was, it was really nicely fitted and enjoyable to explore those levels. One thing where I was closely stunned out of my mind was "Lava structure with big cages and bridges, that was one of the coolest place I explored ever. Overall really nicely maded enviroment and so much different experience from other mods, period. - 9.5/10

Overall I don't have that much bad to say about this mod, you worked hard and now we see what you accomplish here, well one of the uniquest mod for this community on my opinion, my mind was blowed when credits came. I can easily say this is best mod 2014 so far.
Just want so say everyone should play this, it's freaking different in every possible way, not repetitive buildings to explore or cellars, sewers and just repetive everyway! NO! This is just so much different and amazing to explore though to the end.

I just want more, in my opinion it was kind of short, but damn enjoyable and DAMN good! Well enough said, play it you won't regret second of it!

Overall review: One of the greatest mod I have ever played recently.

SCORE: 9.5 out of 10 Cool

Thanks for making this beauty Smile

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2014, 01:38 PM by HumiliatioN.)
01-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key - by AGP - 12-11-2013, 03:56 AM
RE: Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key - by AGP - 12-11-2013, 10:08 PM
RE: [RELEASED] Collapsing Comsos : The Silver Key - by HumiliatioN - 01-29-2014, 10:50 AM