The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Map and Light Improvements
RaideX Offline

Threads: 33
Basic Map and Light Improvements

Why hello there guys, before i come to my question i'd like to talk a bit about it:

So I've been into the Amnesia scene for a bit over a year now. At first i haven't really had much of an incentive to do anything myself regarding conversions and custom stories (modding) but like 5 months ago I've started my first total conversion. I learned pretty fast and was kind of familiar with scripting so the only barricade i had (and kind of still have) was creating levels. Not really on the creative side but more on the "putting it all together" side. I've had issues here and there and that just didn't satisfy me enough to actually get those levels to the public.

So here i wanted to simply ask for advice for lighting rooms and some basic mapping help that not everyone may know. Though my main problems is getting levels to actually feel realistic i also want to improve on the basic side of things, so everything is appreciated really.

Please note that i'm not a beginner asking for help but an intermediate wanting to get his work on a high to very high level.
On that topic i really have to say that i like working months and months just to get one perfect map going and i often dislike work that is done in weeks because most of those releases just have a lower quality standard. 

I really hope this wall of text gets some attention and i hope people are willing to help me out a bit. To get this to the point I've summed up some points that i'd like to get answered.

• How to create realistic lights and how do i put them all together?
  • When to use Spot-, Point- and Boxlights?
  • How to use get realistic levels done overall

I'll add some screenshots of my current mod that I've been working on for quite some time now later on. I've arranged a quick album, you can take a look at it here

Thanks for reading. (Excuse me for the bad usage of english)

If you don't draw first, you don't get to draw at all... -The False Shepherd
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 04:38 PM by RaideX.)
01-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Basic Map and Light Improvements - by RaideX - 01-15-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Basic Map and Light Improvements - by Wapez - 01-15-2014, 06:20 PM
RE: Basic Map and Light Improvements - by RaideX - 01-15-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: Basic Map and Light Improvements - by Rapture - 01-16-2014, 02:49 PM
RE: Basic Map and Light Improvements - by RaideX - 01-16-2014, 04:36 PM
RE: Basic Map and Light Improvements - by Acies - 01-16-2014, 05:15 PM