The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Amnesia - Looking for custom objects
Racingcreed Offline

Threads: 12
Amnesia - Looking for custom objects

Hey all,

So I'll keep this brief and to the point. I'm currently in my first year at university studying game design. One aspect of what we are learning is creating assets and such in programs like Maya, however it's likely to be a few months before I'm confident enough to create my own assets from scratch to a degree that's of high enough standards to be implemented into a custom story.

As this is the case, I'm curious as to whether there are any existing custom assets out there that have been created for custom stories, but are free to use due to permissions being granted by the creator. To be clear, I'm not looking to claim anything as my own, I'm more than happy to credit the creators. The reason I ask is I that in my spare time, I feel creating an Amnesia custom story will aid my understanding of scripting, level design, game design or so on and so forth, but I wanted to give the story a feel that's... How to put this, a little 'un-Amnesiaish'?

To explain that a little better; most custom stories use the same objects, consist of using keys on doors, running from monsters and la de dah, which is great and all, but it gets a little stale and wanted to try something a little more... experimental.

I've yet to learn how the angel script language works, perhaps I may find someone who would be willing to help me in that regard, however that's a little further down the line, at the moment I'm more focused on building the levels and plotting the story.

If anyone know of any assets I could use, or anyone who I might be able to contact for this purpose, or in fact anything relating to my most at all, please leave a comment below.

All comments and help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this also! ^.^

Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures. - H.W.B

01-25-2014, 01:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia - Looking for custom objects - by Racingcreed - 01-25-2014, 01:40 PM