Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!)

(03-10-2014, 06:36 PM)Acies Wrote: I like the whole composition.. the colors; yellow to orange really fits in well with the sky (did you paint that yourself? Smile) In all one of the more interesting screenshots I've seen in a while!

Other than that one of the problems is the texturing as you mentioned; main focus of upgrades should probably be the two closests 'towers' (particularily the upper section of the tower) and two 'pillars' by the entrance. I think you can get away with the texturing of the rest of the stuff - as you aren't looking too closely at that. The pillars also have this 'spike' at the top of them - going in theme with the spikyness of the rest of the environment - but that spike looks a little odd imo.

The above mentions are mostly minor and I don't think one should look at this environment 'to see the fine details' but rather on as a whole.

Very nice job Khyrpa! With the smoke and placement of objects it feels more like a painting rather than an environment - interesting take :]

Kinda painted that skybox myself. But mostly overlayed some cloud images and just quickly brushed some stuff there (you can see how rushed the marks I made look Big Grin). Using skypaint so the workflow is really fluent and fun (needs 32bit photoshop tho). So I really recommend using that thing for skyboxes, it's fun and fast.

I'm still quite shitty at modeling so when I tried to make that tower in just a couple of hours it didn't go too well Smile. Just quick prototyping to get stuff into the game and then as I'm too slow, time and motivation runs out I didn't revisit the textures or models at all.

It's heavily heavily heaaaavily based on one promo magic card illustration by Noah Bradley that I've had as my desktop background image for ages. Thats why the colors and concept works :u

And btw. I filled the map with custom 2048x2048 fog particles, if anyone wants a computer killing higher resolution fog just ask me to upload it.

03-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Traggeys weekend screenshot competition! (WOHOO!) - by Khyrpa - 03-10-2014, 07:20 PM