Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Simple Or Less Simple Question Related To Writing.
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Simple Or Less Simple Question Related To Writing.

I think it depends on the book, if the story is more effectively conveyed in present tense then that's probably the one to choose. And vice versa.

From my own experience, past tense is very effective storytelling device, as in actually writing something that feels like a story, while present tense is very effective when conveying an experience, because when writing with present tense you're "in it" rather than listening to someone else saying they've done it, if that makes sense. But then again, it completely depends on the writer, there's no right or wrong way, best or worse way, use the one you're comfortable with and the one that you feel that you can utilize your writing skills the best.

I for example write in past tense the most because I can utilize my way of wording better in past than when I write in present.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM by eliasfrost.)
04-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simple Or Less Simple Question Related To Writing. - by eliasfrost - 04-11-2014, 02:36 PM