Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Suggestions] Gameplay frustration in Amnesia
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: [Suggestions] Gameplay frustration in Amnesia

Spoiler below!
Improper/Unnecessary Jumpscares.
Poor Grammar.
Loose Immersion.
Poor Mapping.
Few to no scary events.
Poor or cliché storyline.
Hallucination enemies.
Few puzzles.
Too many puzzles.
Sections which are pretty much un-completable without dying (makes grunt disappear).
Basic geometric mapping (not a hate, but using 45 degree walls somewhere at least once is good).
Troll based CS.
No voice acting/actresses.
Unrealistic lighting.
Just a few. I have more praises than hates, but that's for another topic Wink

In response to your second question:
Yes and no. Things that make you look somewhere specifically can make something appear more easily towards the player who is unaware of such. There's a CS somewhere on this forum and in the beginning you need to throw a rock at a plank of wood to make a lantern roll towards you. Looking at that plank of wood, I would have no idea how what to throw rocks at to make that lantern roll towards me.

Just abusing the StartPlayerLookAt() can be a nuisance when it comes to forcing the player to look at something which just happens. Just because the barrel is about to roll doesn't mean the player MUST look at it. They could always optionally investigate the source of the fall, in case something caused it to roll down to you.

Edit: Spoilered my list. Realised it was a bit extensive.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM by Romulator.)
05-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Suggestions] Gameplay frustration in Amnesia - by Romulator - 05-28-2014, 03:02 PM