The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Navigating Academia
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10
Navigating Academia

So, I've headed back to college to obtain a degree that will allow me to roam the field of graphic design and perhaps lead to a job as a conceptual artist later down the road.
Naturally, things aren't that easy. I've been told that what I should be looking for is a degree in art communications. Another suggested industrial design (not what I asked). And another said a BFA in graphic design should do it (focusing on traditional art and then moving into digital). And I never really get a straight answer when I ask what the difference between all of them is. My academic adviser doesn't answer my e-mails and I'm having a time and a half switching. The phone numbers he gave me to people in the digital media department don't answer (I leave a message and they don't reply). I'm taking a course over the summer that gives transferable credits. I've been looking mostly at the BFA because I've got a decent handle on traditional media, but I'd love to learn digital.
I'm looking to obtain a Bachelor's and eventually a Master's.
I feel like I must be stupid not to have this figured out, but I'd rather feel that way and get it right the first time than spend a bunch a money and get loans for something I didn't even want.
So, if any here are any where near the field: which degree would be most useful?

Thanks to anyone who can give suggestions.

06-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Navigating Academia - by VaeVictis - 06-05-2014, 07:15 AM
RE: Navigating Academia - by Paddy™ - 07-02-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: Navigating Academia - by VaeVictis - 07-03-2014, 02:42 AM