The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Writing Prompt Ideas?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
Writing Prompt Ideas?

I need to stop creating threads with questions as the subject line... Anyway.

When I’m working on full stories, I like to occasionally jot down short bits of writing for practice. They’re usually whatever random thing pops into my head, but sometime I enjoy working off of prompts.

I traditionally used to stick to working off of prompts that entailed answering some sort of question(s) [a habit leftover from creative writing assignments I did in school], but, anymore, I find I can work off of rather abstract ideas, as well.

The primary issue is that I rarely can think of anything off the top of my head to use as a prompt. And the whole ‘pick a few random subjects and throw them together’ thing doesn’t always do it for me; I need something a bit more solid to work with than that.

So, I’m looking for some random ideas. Essentially whatever you can throw at me. Could be anything, really – from a philosophical question to the most random, ridiculous thing you can possibly think of [like ‘flying octopi getting shredded in turbines’, or something]. I like writing completely outlandish responses to prompts from time to time, so ridiculous is something I can easily work with lol. I once did one about which historical figure you would want to spend time with and why, and I wrote about a crazy, satirical adventure with James Otis that portrayed many of America’s founding fathers as gun-toting maniacs with anger problems xD.

More or less, I just need something to do at the moment. I’m on a brief sabbatical, and, aside from a couple of different projects I’ve been working on, I don’t have much else to do. I’m a bit bored here lol.

So throw some ideas my way, please.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Writing Prompt Ideas? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 07-17-2014, 04:31 AM
RE: Writing Prompt Ideas? - by Froge - 07-17-2014, 05:15 AM
RE: Writing Prompt Ideas? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 07-19-2014, 10:17 PM
RE: Writing Prompt Ideas? - by PutraenusAlivius - 07-17-2014, 05:33 AM