Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Should Scotland become independant?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
45.45%
5 45.45%
No
54.55%
6 54.55%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Can of worms: Scottish Independence
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Can of worms: Scottish Independence

Two of my Scottish friends are going to be voting yes. We've had some discussion over Skype about this, but I can't say I'm very educated of the topic. I've heard nothing of this on the news, that's for sure.

Overall, I feel like it could be risky to break off, because the union has been going on for so long. It's like someone who is used to walking with a supporting crutch now tries to walk without it. It might be crippling for Scotland to break off, unless they really know how to stabilize themselves quickly.

On the other hand, Scotland is in a very bad state today. My friends talk about how it can't possibly get worse, so they'd like to try making it better. From what I've heard and experienced from them, it sounds true. The schools aren't doing well, and one of their families struggles with supporting themselves lately, which was why he wasn't able to travel for vacation this summer. It's a shame too, he was planning either America to visit his one friend, or Norway to visit me and my friends here.
Anyway, they were talking about how bad Scotland is doing and mostly blaming the UK and UKIP. Neither of them seem to help and only make things worse, according to them.

So I've come to agree with them. I honestly feel like it could be a good thing if Scotland breaks off the UK. Of course there are things that can go wrong, but many things can go right too. The UK would stop leeching resources from Scotland. If you compare this to Norway, we've been thriving well because we have NOT joined the European Union. It makes a lot of services waaay more expensive here, but it allows us to make our own money without having the EU come and take it from us when they need it as if we were a bank. Norway has been doing well independently, and I'm not saying this definitely will happen if Scotland breaks off, but I'm saying that if they play their cards right, there's a possibility. Scotland has a lot of resources to profit off of, like oil and fish, much like ourselves.

Oh, and side question: UK is part of EU. If Scotland breaks off the UK, will it also be out of the EU? I'm guessing so.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 07:48 AM by Mudbill.)
09-12-2014, 07:47 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can of worms: Scottish Independence - by Mudbill - 09-12-2014, 07:47 AM