Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?
ThatCrazyShaman Offline

Threads: 17
RE: Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC?

(12-21-2014, 03:52 PM)Mudbill Wrote: Then you can try to compress them in chunks of, say, 10 GB each. Perhaps that would help with the "corrupted" files?

Hmm, that would take quite a while [since I finally verified that the folder in question has 111GB of stuff in it], but it is an idea!

I tried just selecting everything and copying it over, but it blue screened after copying some of the subfolders over. I still can't figure out what file is causing the issue, since the error log doesn't give me any useful information.

One suggestion I received was that I should try using Ubuntu to copy the files over, but I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

...The only people worthy of consideration are the unusual ones. Common folks are like the leaves of a tree, and live and die unnoticed. - L. Frank Baum
12-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best Way to Copy a Mass Amount of Files to Another PC? - by ThatCrazyShaman - 12-27-2014, 11:13 PM