Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

64-bit Archlinux using 32-bit chrooted environment, game fails to start
vivaelamor Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: 64-bit Archlinux using 32-bit chrooted environment, game fails to start
Hi, I just spent a while getting the Penumbra collection working with Arch64 and thought I'd see if anything I've done would work for you. I apologise if any of this is obvious, if you already have catalyst drivers installed from the AUR then most of this may seem oversimplified.

I haven't got a chroot set up, I found that if you install the right lib32 packages you do not need it. You may have to do things a bit differently depending whether you have an ATI card like me or an Nvidia card. Some of the lib32 packages I used are from the AUR.

First you need the basic lib32 collection from the community repository, if you have the community repository enabled just run:
pacman -S lib32

Then you may need to get some packages from AUR, you can do this manually or use yaourt like me.

You probably need lib32-libogg and lib32-libvorbis.
- On second thoughts, this step is probably redundant as the game has these libs built in.

If you also have an ati card like me then you will need some further steps. Firstly make sure you remove any potential conflicts with
pacman -Rd lib32-libgl nvidia-utils
Then install lib32-catalyst-utils as well.

If you have any problems after trying the above please let me know the details as I can probably help further.
07-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Find
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread