Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fedora 8 crash cursor stuck.
ldub Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Fedora 8 crash cursor stuck.

(07-20-2009, 01:53 PM)Urkle Wrote: right now I'm including a custom open al driver with the game distribution (OpenALSoft's version) as it runs SIGNIFICANTLY better than the ones that have been distributed with linux distros (the reference implementation from creative).

You can try "moving" the included libopenal.so and see if it'll run using your system openal, but I'm not sure that it will since it's most likely the OLD openAL 1.0 implementation.

Also are you using pulse audio? I never had pulse enabled in Fedora 8,9,or 10 (It pissed me off :-D )
I actually finally did enable it on Fedora 11, although I'm still using a sound blaster live platnum card so games can still directly access the card regardless.

Is there any reason you are still using an old linux distro?

Well I just have not had the time to update. I will try that here later this week if I can. One thing nice about Windows though is you don't have to upgrade every six months. Big Grin *hides*
07-21-2009, 05:23 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Fedora 8 crash cursor stuck. - by ldub - 07-19-2009, 08:04 AM