The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]
Lv426ify Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!]

Main Game also crashes in the same way. The game will start up normally and get to the main menu, but when I try to play a game and it's on the first loading screen, it will not respond and the screen will turn white with a message.
The message comes up on loading screen on certain Custom Stories and Main Game:
"Amnesia.exe is Not Responding." The music is still playing when it stops.
Only a couple of Custom Stories work with no problems such as The Four Horsemen, but most of the others, namely The Great Work, A Coward's Debt, and La Caza. It has the version 1.3 update and I checked for updates on my laptop (using Windows 8) and it says everything is up to date.

I noticed this first happened after I loaded 3 new Custom Stories to the custom_stories folder: Amnesia: The Eight Pages, The Four Horsemen, and The Attic. After I found that the other games were failing, I deleted the new Custom Stories, but there is no difference.

Since I am new at owning a laptop, I'm not very certain on what other folders I might need to check, though I have made myself very familiar with the "redist" folder. I apologize for that, but I have looked for hours on ways to solve this and have come up with nothing.

If anybody could explain how to fix it as simply as you can (if you can), I would be most appreciative.

Thank you very much,
Lv426ify
01-17-2015, 12:39 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia Game Crash on Loading Screen [Already checked the troubleshooting guide!] - by Lv426ify - 01-17-2015, 12:39 AM