Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After trying to load a custom game, Amnesia won't launch
fluffy2044
Unregistered

RE: After trying to load a custom game, Amnesia won't launch

(07-14-2015, 05:54 AM)Romulator Wrote: Well, if the main game fails to load, then at some point in time, you have modified the files required to run Amnesia, likely because you did not install a custom story or full conversion correctly.

A simple attempt at fixing would be to reinstall the game in the same directory (it will overwrite incorrect files). If you are using retail, you can download an update suitable for your system from the suitable page in the Technical Support section. If using Steam, perform an integrity check.

Then, re-follow the instructions as stated (hopefully) by the modification. If you are still unable to get it installed, then as Traggey stated, try contacting the developer.

Thanks, I did reinstall the game and remove the custom story that was mentioned in the hpl.log file. It's working now as well as the other total conversion mods I loaded. It starts up now. Still have no idea what I did wrong since I followed the same instructions for the total conversion mod, but it starts up so that's all I can ask.
07-14-2015, 06:57 AM

Messages In This Thread
After trying to load a custom game, Amnesia won't launch - by fluffy2044 - 07-13-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: After trying to load a custom game, Amnesia won't launch - by fluffy2044 - 07-14-2015, 06:57 AM