Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amb musics and Modeling?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
RE: Amb musics and Modeling?

(08-07-2015, 04:23 PM)Romulator Wrote:
(08-07-2015, 04:02 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: Okey, about one, I already know that, but can I use Playmusic on the main music, and then äctivate"other music> I'\m not a noob at level editor haha. I don't need osund things, I really need a "music" so the music will play where ever you are, so can I have 2 playmusics, and stop one of them?! etc.

About sun , I didn't need a sun.
I already have sun, planets, earth etc.
but I needed the shadow, and again, I'm not a noob I did the same thing, but what I meant, is the shadows sucks, I can tell that by mine, and your pic. it's pixel ish, Isn't there a possibality to make it look like a real shadow? how it is supposed to look like..

And about modeling, and texturen I searched on youtube, I really couldn't find anything they show me you have to use uv texture editor, I know. but somehow mine looks diffirent. I am trying to find more learnfull things, if you know a website, or where you learned it, feel free to share with me Tongue I would really appreciate it Smile

------
OnStart()
In your PlayMusic, set the abResume to be True.

CollideCallback()
Call StopMusic with an instant fade (0.01f)
Then call PlayMusic at a lower volume. Untested, but should work.
------

About your "real shadow", the only real way to do it is with perspective. That is, you copy paste your shadows and bring them closer to anything which casts shadows and use that - lining up the shadow with the sun's direction. You'll get a sharper shadow, but too many will likely cause lag to most lower end machines. Remember that shadows require a fair amount to process and HPL2 is relatively low end.
------

UV texturing is what you want. If you don't understand how to use Maya, then don't. Use Blender instead. I have no idea if the latest versions of Maya work with Amnesia, since the wiki only states that the latest supported version was 2011; however, also on the wiki, there is a tutorial which will teach you the basics of modelling by UV mapping a cube in Blender.
------

And for sound effects and music and similar things, outsource that yourself. Doing so, you can keep track of your sources and ensure you're not simply violating copyright or Intellectual Property infringement. Just make sure to follow any legal guidelines when doing so.

About the musics, If you buy "their" music, you will be allowed to use the music, except if you claim it as yours, so that;'s not a problem. and I added some new things nto the music, which makes it better.

about shadows, Wouldn't it be bad? iI was thinking about your idea, but you don't actually add shadows only, but at the same time, you add lights. Meaning by, more then 10 same lights at 1 to 3 spots... or is it something else?

And about the modeling, I can't use blender, I'm soo bad at that, I almost cried(jk), If I use something for the first time, I can;'t use the other things easily, even if it's similar.
Like I used maya first, then tried blender but couldn't get out of blender, then 3ds max, which was the same a blender, so Maya is my home now.
I can texture a box haha.
but lemme tell you what I need for my game, and TRIED to create but didn't work.
a Minecart.
A volcano (Mudbox)
A boat, and Island, Broken floor pieces...
Somehow, My stupidity about Aniamting isn't that high.
I can animate... I made some alien eggs move like how it is supposed to move, tentacles etc etc. I know everything, but TEXUTRING Sad I even now the maps, parallax mapping, Normal mapping/Bumb, spec etc etc.
I am a "smart" people, and I can learn everything what I want to learn, (so basically, I am better at technical things, but at school i'm not working that well..)
but texturing.. I am watching a tutorial, but I feel that it is worthless, so I skip it, because I watched everything almost 3 times, On youtube.
If there was a site where I could learn it in a week, that would be awesome, Holiday ends soon, 10 days left Sad
I am going to sniff everything from google until I finally learned the steps.
But I stil didn't explain where I'm bad in, texturing difficult things, like a High detailed pistol... etc

Really like amnesia, but I want to make something else of it, once. really want to see what my capacity is...
08-07-2015, 04:45 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amb musics and Modeling? - by Amnesiaplayer - 08-07-2015, 01:34 PM
RE: Amb musics and Modeling? - by Slanderous - 08-07-2015, 03:28 PM
RE: Amb musics and Modeling? - by Amnesiaplayer - 08-07-2015, 04:02 PM
RE: Amb musics and Modeling? - by Romulator - 08-07-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Amb musics and Modeling? - by Amnesiaplayer - 08-07-2015, 04:45 PM