Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2009-11 Tuesday 3rd, Amnesia entered into the IGF competition
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: 2009-11 Tuesday 3rd, Amnesia entered into the IGF competition

(11-11-2009, 08:50 AM)Thomas Wrote: Our plan is to have it released digitally and as boxed retail at the same date.

As for the gameplay time it is hard to say at this point and like in Penumbra the time will differ a lot between people depending on how they play the game.

I do not think it is a good thing to concentrate on a certain length as one might then add a lot of filler material (as in the first halo where they copied levels to make them longer). Instead we like to focus giving the game as much unique content as possible and to give the user a worthwhile experience. Then in the end the game will have the length it ends up with, instead of us pushing for a certain amount of hours.

Of course the game should not be over in 1 hour and we want to give you players a long adventure. I am just saying it is not something that I think is good to have as a focus.

That's a great strategy to have; I had actually explained how I disliked repetition in games as a means to prolong the game's story before erasing it and sticking to a simple question. I have complete confidence in the design decisions you guys are making and cannot wait to play the game!
11-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread