Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2009-11 Friday 13th(!), Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Getting Cosy
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12
RE: 2009-11 Friday 13th(!), Amnesia: The Dark Descent - Getting Cosy

(11-14-2009, 10:59 PM)Thomas Wrote: *Making a game like this is such strange process at times especially with some gameplay elements. As our main focus in on the ambiance and horror experience and many mechanics are hard to judge until they are pretty much final. For example, figuring out if some gameplay is scary requires the graphics to be good enough, voice acting to be done, etc. So one cannot just make some simple test build and hope that it will tell if the gameplay does what we intend it to. We have seen great changes in the way one experience the game depending on graphics quality. This makes the development a bit risky at times and we learn if stuff work or not pretty late in development.

Makes sense; I just want you guys to get an appreciable amount of attention! It irks me to see games with massive budgets, but only mediocre and repetitive gameplay, get most of the attention. I found out about Penumbra after Black Plague had came out and it was almost accidentally - I had read about a patch on a gaming news site. And had no demo been available, I would've missed out on all the fun you guys created.

I'm just trying to do my part to make sure other people don't miss out, at the very least, on hearing about frictional games.
11-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread