Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My custom story is not showing up
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: My custom story is not showing up

(09-29-2015, 05:01 AM)hannah129 Wrote: Here's the inside my custom_story_settings.cfg file
<Main
ImgFile = "customstory.png"
Name = “1942”
Author = “Hannah129”

MapsFolder = "maps/"
StartMap = “01_start.map”
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
(09-29-2015, 05:01 AM)hannah129 Wrote: <LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>

<CATEGORY Name=“CustomStoryMain”>
<Entry Name="Description"> The year is 1942. Charlie McConnor is a young man living in France. The Germans have bombed France with a gas that, once exposed to, turns people into mindless, evil creatures. Your best friend Max was a scientist long before the war began, and now he claims to have an antidote. Max is in hiding because the Germans found out he has an antidote. You have to find Max and save France. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

In both of your custom_story_settings.cfg and your extra_english.lang, you seem to have strange quotation marks. Notice, for example, the difference between the "customstory.png" and the “1942”? Try changing them to these:

Spoiler below!
<Main
    ImgFile = "customstory.png"
    Name = "1942"
    Author = "Hannah129"

MapsFolder = "maps/"
    StartMap = "01_start.map"
    StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

<LANGUAGE>
    <RESOURCES>
    </RESOURCES>
    <CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
        <Entry Name="Description"> The year is 1942. Charlie McConnor is a young man living in France. The Germans have bombed France with a gas that, once exposed to, turns people into mindless, evil creatures. Your best friend Max was a scientist long before the war began, and now he claims to have an antidote. Max is in hiding because the Germans found out he has an antidote. You have to find Max and save France. </Entry>

</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Also be sure to check the resources.cfg file, which should be in the same folder as Amnesia.exe. Make sure somewhere in there, you have a line which looks like this:

<Directory Path="/custom_stories" AddSubDirs="true" />

That should fix it. Just remember though, if you have any more problems, it is better to post them in the Development Support section of the forums. Your problems are more likely to be noticed there!

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 06:50 AM by Romulator.)
09-29-2015, 06:42 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My custom story is not showing up - by hannah129 - 09-29-2015, 05:01 AM
RE: My custom story is not showing up - by Romulator - 09-29-2015, 06:42 AM
RE: My custom story is not showing up - by hananh129 - 09-29-2015, 08:42 AM