Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What is the perfect eerieness?
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: What is the perfect eerieness?

Quote: The difference between Terror and Horror is the difference between awful apprehension and sickening realization: between the smell of death and stumbling against a corpse.
Read this

Quote: Stephen King elaborated on the themes of terror and horror, also adding a third element which he referred to as "revulsion." He describes terror as “the finest element” of the three, and the one he strives hardest to maintain in his own writing. Citing many examples, he defines “terror” as the suspenseful moment in horror before the actual monster is revealed. “Horror,” King writes, is that moment at which one sees the creature/aberration that causes the terror or suspense, a "shock value." King finally compares “revulsion” with the gag-reflex, a bottom-level, cheap gimmick which he admits he often resorts to in his own fiction if necessary, confessing:

“I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I'll go for the gross-out. I'm not proud.”
And this

This should help clarify why bodies can be scary, but not if they're shoved down your throat

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM by Hunter of Shadows.)
09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
What is the perfect eerieness? - by Googolplex - 02-27-2010, 11:32 AM
RE: What is the perfect eerieness? - by Hunter of Shadows - 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM
RE: What is the perfect eerieness? - by Kman - 09-06-2011, 02:38 AM
RE: What is the perfect eerieness? - by Patacorow - 09-06-2011, 04:35 AM
RE: What is the perfect eerieness? - by graykin - 09-06-2011, 05:56 AM
RE: What is the perfect eerieness? - by Xenomorph - 09-11-2011, 11:04 AM