Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simply cannot export compatible models from Blender 2.74
sycon senti Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Simply cannot export compatible models from Blender 2.74

(12-29-2015, 09:35 AM)Spelos Wrote: Ok, so the message that appears is:
FATAL ERROR: Created material 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/entities/folder/model/' could not be loaded!

I think it is safe to assume that there's something wrong with your texture/material.
Common mistakes in this category are:
- More than one texture or none applied.
- Texture is in weird format (I use .tga for all of my textures)
- Texture is not included with the model in Amnesia dir
- Texture has weird dimensions (I use 1024x1024 or 2048x2048, 512x512 migt do as well... To be safe make sure your texture is divisible by 2)

What you can do to provide more information for diagnostics:
- Where does the error happen? In level editor? Model View? In Game?
- Make a screenshot of the files you are exporting
- Make a screenshot of the Blender environment with the model

Your best bet would be to make sure you haven't done any of the common mistakes mentioned above. If you problem is still happening, send more information.

well, so far I've managed to actually export models twice, but both had undesired effects. The first is my fault so we'll ignore that, the second the texture simply did not show up and the model was coloured a bright magenta. I usually use the .dds filetype for textures but the example I included uses a .jpg

The error appeared when I try to view the model in the model viewer.

it seems every time I export a model in an attempt to screenshot the error it works.
Here's a link to an album containing some screenshots
http://imgur.com/a/GRYJg

One more rather humorous bug is all models I manage to export are upside down for some reason.
12-29-2015, 06:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Simply cannot export compatible models from Blender 2.74 - by sycon senti - 12-29-2015, 06:19 PM