Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your plans when the Level Editor is released
Bulbatron Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Your plans when the Level Editor is released

A previous poster was asking about outdoor areas in the editor. Obviously, as I've already said, I know nothing about the editor beyond what was shown in the timelapse trailer, but it doesn't look to me as though outdoor areas would be possible.

Having said that, Penumbra had a couple of outdoor areas. I wondered whether these were done by basically having the area inside a GIGANTIC room, and then having the room filled with mist so the player couldn't see the walls? So it would just look like a dull sky. I suppose you could do the same thing at night because the player wouldn't be able to see the walls then either if the room was big enough and the top of the room was high enough out of sight.

So, in that first area in Penumbra where you're in that ice trench before finding the hatch, if the player could somehow jump out the the trench and keep walking, then eventually a wall would be encountered?

Would this be the case?

As I've said on a previous post, I don't pretend to have a clue about this, so I'm just going by what I've seen.

So if you wanted to do an outdoor area in the Amnesia editor, could this method be used?

Wow - what a mansion!
09-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your plans when the Level Editor is released - by Bulbatron - 09-09-2010, 01:50 PM