Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern)

(05-03-2013, 09:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: What? No, if you replace the .hps no matter what save you load that's the one that will be used.

No. An other example: When you install patch 1.2 when you are in middle of the game, changes will not take effect until you enter a next level. The current level will not be loaded by the hps file, it will be loaded by the save file which is a clone of the old (unpatched) hps.
So, when you try testing your morgue fix, you shouldn't use my savegame of the original level, you has to load a previous one where you are in cistern entrance and then enter the morgue. The game has to load a fresh hps file and not an already saved to take changes.

(05-03-2013, 09:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: That's not an update, it's just the collection. Releasing an update means that there are significant issues, not rare minor ones. Usually the minor ones are included together with the bigger.

That was just an example. Amnesia is a great masterpiece of Frictional Games, not just an other video-game to sell around. They should care their games, no matter if an important bug is found 3 years later. Amnesia is their pride and I think they shouldn't leave the game behind.

Gothic 3 for example was released in 2006 and it got an official patch by Nordic Games (Publisher) last year. Penumbra got a "true" patch in 2009, where it was already 2 years old. What I want to say is, that Amnesia is important and it's worth to get cared.

And why do you call it "temp fix" when you do not expect an official fix by FG? Jens also said he will see what he can do.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 10:06 AM by Googolplex.)
05-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible Bug: Cannot Get Vaccine in the Morgue (Cistern) - by Googolplex - 05-04-2013, 09:58 AM