Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running level editor and Amnesia simultaneously
tommalm Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Running level editor and Amnesia simultaneously

(09-15-2010, 11:33 AM)jens Wrote: Make sure to run in window mode for both editor and game, also no need to go over the top with the resolution when developing. Also lower settings, for example if you have edge smooth on, then turn it off as you really do not need it when making a level. Same with SSAO, you can have it on but can leave the samples on 4 or 8.

I have been running the game, level and model editor at the same time for the whole development without any problems, the game in 1024x768 and editors the same, then with settings that are quite like the medium default. This on a computer with an GeForce 6800GT, old Athlon 2.2 Ghz CPU and 1 GB RAM. So should not be a problem, as long as the settings are set to "fitting for development".

Thank you for the reply!
Yes I'm now running both in windowed mode, with lowered resolution, but I'm still getting 2-3fps.

Don't know if this is related, but when I'm running Amnesia (testlevel) and then opening the level editor, I get a crash. (I've attached the errorlog).

It seems that something here is wrong, because I shouldn't be seeing such a performance. But where?

Thank you.
-tom
09-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Running level editor and Amnesia simultaneously - by tommalm - 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM