The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Can I Make a Trigger Activate Another Trigger?
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17
How Can I Make a Trigger Activate Another Trigger?

So I'm so very close to being done with a short map I've been working on, but I've run into yet another brief roadblock! Dodgy

I want to be able to have a trigger disabled or inactive so that when the player walks through it, it doesn't activate whatever it is supposed to activate, but when the player gets to an area further in the map, he collides with a trigger that activates those previously inactive triggers, the player then needs to go back and through those now active triggers which then trigger an event... So, basically, I tried using this formula:
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "GruntDoorTrigger1", "CollideGruntDoorTrigger1", true, 0);
and then further down,
void CollideGruntDoorTrigger1(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{

SetEntityActive("GruntTrigger1", true);

SetEntityActive("CloseDoorTrigger1", true);

}

So I don't know if I'm supposed to make a trigger activate more than one thing at a time, or... Or is it the obvious fact that the triggers needing activation are not entities as those strings assume? If so, what would I put in in place of those strings to make my event work the way it should?

Any of the smart scripters around to assist this poor knowledge-lacking newbie?

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM by Yuhaney.)
09-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How Can I Make a Trigger Activate Another Trigger? - by theDARKW0LF - 09-18-2010, 12:34 AM