The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Activate/Deactivate Static Objects etc.
mansarde Offline

Threads: 3
Question  Activate/Deactivate Static Objects etc.

Apologies if this has been answered, but I didn't find anything about my problem afer searching for "deactive", "deactivate", "inactive", etc.

What I was trying to do:
Having a "static object" inactive (in the editor) and then activating it by an event.

It seems though, that you can only change the active/inactive state of entities.
So am I to understand that the possibility to make other objects inactive is only so you can't see them in the level editor? That'd really be a bummer.

But, if it is indeed possible to activate/deactivate "static objects" and others via script, then how do I do it?

For example:
I placed an inactive "bed_nice_1" in a room. After I walk into an area I want the bed to be activated (i.d. to appear). Normally I would expect this to work:
SetEntityActive("bed_nice_1", false);
But it only seems to work with entities, as I'v mentioned before.
So what (if at all!) do I have to do to achieve something similar with non-entities, like static objects and the like?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! Smile

EDIT: Ok, what's more: Even if I deactivate a static object in the editor, it still shows up ingame. :\
09-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Activate/Deactivate Static Objects etc. - by mansarde - 09-19-2010, 10:58 PM