Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Ideas for future games (open mail)
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13
RE: New Ideas for future games (open mail)

Visible body and hands is not a good idea and is a waste of time. First of all, have fun waiting for each animation, waiting for your hand to move out to grab an object. It will slow down the responsiveness of the controls to the point of frustration and the general pace of the game. Then there's the part that making something like that look good is incredibly hard. How immersed will you be when your arm bugs out or clips through an object? What about that "uncanny valley" effect, I'm sure that will happen. It's a waste of time and resources when your imagination and a simple hand icon works fine.

About the sanity ideas, most of what you suggest is in the game already. However I'd like to see more of it, more different effects and for it to happen more often.

It doesn't need more notes, just enough to tell its story. Amnesia was well balanced in that regard, I think.

About health potions and having too many of them. I think it would work in favor of the atmosphere and tension of the game if these were dynamically placed in the game. So, for example, if you have 3 potions of Laudanum already, new ones would be removed from the world or if you have no potions and low health some Laudanum might appear in the next new area you visit. That way you would never feel too safe, or frustrated.

The puzzles in amnesia were perfect. Just hard enough to make you think for a bit but not hard enough to make you frustrated.
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
New Ideas for future games (open mail) - by ruzen - 09-29-2010, 11:43 AM
RE: New Ideas for future games (open mail) - by nofsky - 09-29-2010, 06:53 PM