Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Questions About Planes..?
einfrnirdyr Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Some Questions About Planes..?

Most of those answers I was anticipating. I didn't have the editor loaded at the time as I was in a hurry to make another appointment so some of my questions were a bit - er -rushed.Blush Sorry about that.

In regards to vis blocking, what is the correct way to build a map, then? Should the entire level be sealed in with Planes to prevent leaks? Or can decorative Meshes just hang out the sides without any Planes behind them?

For that matter, do Meshes perform any vis blocking..?

Also, the other feature that I was confused with is the 'Clip Planes' tool at the bottom of the editor - what does that do?

Thanks for all your help! Especially for the 'Texture Angle' tip - I wouldn't have found that one so readily. Anyway, I'm getting to know the editor rapidly and I hope to have something to show you Guys soon.

This little testmap I am building is now about two thirds complete.

One last question... Is there a jet black Material/Texture that I can use to hide how close a wall actually is? I am building a series of cliffs and I want the Player to look out across an endless pitch black abyss with nothing else in sight. Nothing. Just absolute nothingness instead of any visible horizon or opposite wall.
Big Grin
10-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Some Questions About Planes..? - by einfrnirdyr - 10-02-2010, 12:32 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by HakePT - 10-02-2010, 02:23 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by graykin - 10-02-2010, 02:36 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by Noj - 10-02-2010, 04:53 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by einfrnirdyr - 10-02-2010, 10:28 AM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by graykin - 10-02-2010, 04:16 PM
RE: Some Questions About Planes..? - by Equil - 10-03-2010, 12:33 AM