Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release"
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release"

You hope for 70/day, I'm spending my next shooting star on 150/day. I knew the Zero Punctuation was good for a sales spike, and a year down the line, HIB2. I saw Wolfire at PAX, they seemed quite optimistic about a second one.

There's not much to say to pirates at this point. It's good for word of mouth, but if they pirate Amnesia or Penumbra, they can't use the 'no replayability' card when they realize they want to try the your other title.

I mean, you could release a fun/challenging map-pack like Requiem basically was to boost post-sales value, but that's time almost definitely better spent on HPL3/next title.

I don't know how useful this idea is, but from the perspective of NIN's recent decision to go 'DRM-free', Trent boosted sales via collectibles and limited edition, non-digital items, things you can't pirate. Artbooks, Nicely done-up box for collectors, signatures, marked up for profit, with the understanding that it's a means for well-off/rabid fans to contribute more.
10-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Blog: "One Month after Amnesia's release" - by hollowleviathan - 10-08-2010, 09:59 AM