The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly
ElendilAndurilz Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly

Hello.

I just purchased Amnesia through Steam, and have not been able to get the launcher to boot in any way. When I run the game, steam opens the "preparing to launch Amnesia" window, but nothing ever boots afterwards (launcher.exe runs in the task manager for about 2-3 seconds, but nothing ever appears, and it quickly ends the process). I tried running the .exe's directly, but they boot through steam anyways and have the same issue. I have verified the cache with Steam, which did not fix the problem either, and am now midway through reinstalling the game.

If the problem persists after this reinstall, I will post a log file if possible.

I am running 64 bit Windows 7 on an Asus G73J with an ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics card. My drivers are up to date (not that it seems to be relevent, since the launcher isn't even starting), and I have no problem running other openGL programs. In addition all of my other steam software is working normally. If you have any solutions, please let me know.

It seems that other people are having this problem as well. I wonder if there is currently some issue with the steam install. Hopefully this will be solved soon. Thanks in advance for your help.

-Jared
The problem still persists after the reinstall. I have checked the Amnesia folder in my documents, but no hpl.log file has been created. The only file is launcher.log in the Main folder, but the file is empty.

Let me know if you need any other information from me, and if there's anything that can be done to help.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2010, 10:01 PM by ElendilAndurilz.)
11-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Amnesia Launcher Will Not Execute Properly - by ElendilAndurilz - 11-04-2010, 11:23 PM