The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
Thrashaero
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago Thumbs Down  Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect.
So the game runs great...then suddenly refuses to load.
I click the play button on steam, popup asks if soma or mod, click ok on soma, says preparing to launch soma then my steam icon turns green as if the game is on, then it goes back to blue within a couple seconds..then nothing.
I haven't changed anything since install until this problem. I've read the troubleshooting guide. Turned off interfering programs. Reinstalled all the redists, verified game cache. no antivirus. deleted the user settings.cfg. tried running steam on administrator, tried running exe's manually and administrator, windows popup gives typical failed to initialize error code 0xc0150002..deleted and redownloaded, still the same.
w...t...f
why did it work so well and then suddenly stop? very finicky game, especially with all the various errors found in the attached log file.
Every other game runs fine still.

log file couldn't attach because of tiny 100kb limit, my log file is 897kb. what portion to attach?
12-05-2016, 07:28 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Game suddenly refuses to open when first 34 hours ran perfect. - by Thrashaero - 12-05-2016, 07:28 AM