Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread

(01-18-2017, 10:17 AM)Karba Wrote: Okay that explains that. Was David Munshi aware of what was going to happen? Did he copy Simons consciousness into the robot on Pathos-II in an effort to save humanity?

As far as I know, David Munshi was using Simon's original brain scan to simulate different treatments for his injury. I think that was the only intention to begin with, but as you find out later in the game, he was unsuccessful in finding a proper treatment. He talks to Simon (both of them still in Toronto) about how he failed, but Simon reassures him that it's okay. David then asks if he can use Simon's scan for research after Simon passes away, which Simon agrees to.

That's where it all starts. Exactly what David did after that I'm not sure, but when they failed to save Simon, they still had his brain scan to study, which eventually ended up as a legacy scan in Pathos-II.

David himself did not load Simon's scan in the body in Pathos-II either because he had been dead for a long time before that. Remember, this took place 100 years later - in 2104.

(This post was last modified: 01-18-2017, 10:54 AM by Mudbill.)
01-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILERS] SOMA unsolved mysteries thread - by Mudbill - 01-18-2017, 10:50 AM