Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Draggable Corpses
RafKay Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Draggable Corpses

Heya

I tried creating a box shaped body around the model, but it didn't work. But try yourself, probably you meant something else.
Freefall works, and when i throw a barrel against the corpse, then it moves also, but I tried setting the mass to a low Value and to a high value.

Btw, if you choose 'grab' instead of 'push', you can pick up the corpse, but it looks rather bizarre in my version Big Grin

Also, in the modelviewer the dragging works, but i guess the whole thing works a bit different than the game.

Well, I'll keep on playing with it, and if i find out something, I'll let you know.

Best, Raf
Okay, I got something now, although it's not perfect.

I changed all the masses to 1, except for torso, abdomen, calves and thighs, they are at 1.5, all dampings to 1 and all speeds to 20. This makes the corpse feel heavy, since you can drag or push it only very slowly.
It's a bit strange, thats a total mass of 20. I think the grunt corpse has a mass of 35 and works fine as it does, then again it's set to 'grab' and not 'push'.

First problem: When i put the barrel on top of the corpse, then the whole construction is to heavy to push/drag.
Second problem(i think it's a glitch, but no real problem when playing seriously): When i hit the corpse with the barrel, both disappear.

Best, Raf
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010, 02:12 PM by RafKay.)
11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Draggable Corpses - by RafKay - 11-17-2010, 01:49 AM
RE: Draggable Corpses - by Everlone - 11-17-2010, 06:27 AM
RE: Draggable Corpses - by Chilton - 11-17-2010, 07:25 AM
RE: Draggable Corpses - by Everlone - 11-17-2010, 09:06 AM
RE: Draggable Corpses - by RafKay - 11-17-2010, 01:20 PM
RE: Draggable Corpses - by Everlone - 11-17-2010, 03:24 PM