The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Story release format suggestions
Sel Offline

Threads: 10
Thumbs Up  Story release format suggestions

I'm a little concerned with the story release threads, and how they lack what most would probably consider to be very important components. So just gonna throw this out here I guess.

1)Pictures speak louder than words.

I'm really surprised by how many people are posting their stories for download, and not including these. Sure Amnesia is a barely lit game most of the time, but most good map is going to have a fair bit of interplay between light and darkness, so it's hardly impossible to find a few nice shots of your levels right?

Chances are you're not going to spark as much interest in your map with paragraph upon paragraph of story or whatever, because for the most part, people won't even bother to read it. (Have you ever been attracted to a moddb mod page by a wall of text with no pictures? Probably not)

2)Hosting

A few of the threads I've skimmed have posted links to various download sites, and immediately get followed up by someone asking them to upload elsewhere (usually mediafire)

There's a far better hosting solution though.

Far more convenient, and generally has far better download speeds than most hosting sites.

3) Summaries

Keep these short, most of your story should be told by your map, not on your forum post.

I know these are only suggestions, but it can't really hurt to put them in practice right? It'd take a lot of the trial and error out of finding reasonably good stories. (and make me personally more interested in giving your maps a go in an effort to provide feedback.)
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 09:41 PM by Sel.)
12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Story release format suggestions - by Sel - 12-23-2010, 09:32 PM
RE: Story release format suggestions - by Sel - 01-29-2011, 07:30 PM
RE: Story release format suggestions - by Tottel - 01-31-2011, 11:16 PM
RE: Story release format suggestions - by Sel - 02-05-2011, 08:22 PM