The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) [BOTH SOLVED!!]
bigfoot Offline

Threads: 12
2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) [BOTH SOLVED!!]

Hello,

I would like to start off that I'm kind off new to the scripting/programming world but I do enjoy it.

I have a problem.

I am trying to get familiar with the HPL Engine Tools,
and I am making a story with which ill learn to use the editor and how to create a good story.. etc.etc.

now I made a stairs with a door on the right side and a door on the left side.

The door on the left side is locked but when you interact with it it should also play a sound of Wooden / Metal break ("sounds\break\break_wood_metal1.ogg")

but I just cant figure out how to make it work.

I followed both the tutorials on the wiki and I really can't figure out how to use it, also I looked into the code of the main story line made by Frictional Games themselfes and I still can't figure it out.

So now I tried to just play the sound when the player enters the map / game and I can't get that to work either.

so I would really like to see a few more tutorials for me (and probarly others) so we can create a real cool game together. Big Grin Tongue

And my second problem is I used a spot light. followed the tutorial set everything up like it had to and I can't get that to work either (I didn't script anything for the spotlight. I couldn't find anything that says I have to so maybe that is the problem?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hear from you guys again and thanks in advance!! Heart Big Grin

Thanks Frictional Games for this awesome game!!

(PS, I don't know if you guys want my code I have right now just let me know ill post it as fast as possible)

EDIT1:
I just launched up my map again and for some reason the light is working right now so. That's solved!!
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 11:26 PM by bigfoot.)
12-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) [BOTH SOLVED!!] - by bigfoot - 12-23-2010, 09:59 PM