Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) [BOTH SOLVED!!]
bigfoot Offline

Threads: 12
RE: 2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) Light is SOLVED

(12-23-2010, 10:34 PM)Dark88 Wrote: For the sound issue I had this problem alot until after trial and error I seemed to get it to work using the function;

PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);

for string &in asSoundFile I kept using the file name for the .ogg like this "break_wood_metal1.ogg" When really you want to play the .snt file there. In this case you'd put "break_wood_metal" and that's it.

If you only want to play the break_wood_metal1.ogg you can modify the .snt file and create a new one by deleting all the sound entries in the .snt in a text editor and leave only the one you want to play but you'll have to include it in a seperate folder for your release I believe.

Hope this helps with your playing sounds issue. Smile

Wow, I only understood you till "for string &in asSoundFile" lol :p, ah well.
I guess ill understand it eventually ^^ Thanks a lot man.!! Heart

EDIT1:
Ok I still can't really figure it out hehe.
Do I need more lines of code for this to work?

I just did it like this right now.

void OnEnter(){
PlaySoundAtEntity("sounds\break\break_wood_metal1","break_wood_metal1","FirstLockedDoor",2.0f,false);
}
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2010, 10:39 PM by bigfoot.)
12-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 Problems, (Playing a sound and Lightning (spotlight)) Light is SOLVED - by bigfoot - 12-23-2010, 10:35 PM