Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an enemy chase you on level start?
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Making an enemy chase you on level start?

Now this made a big problem. I've added it, read in HPL2 Documentation for two hours. And I've set up what I needed to, but when I set up the development environment, (which means it will launch my map directly) the .hps file (script) is giving me an error.

My enemy is a servant grunt named "Junk" I've set it up so that when the map starts the grunt would start to run at me on full speed. But I keep getting an error which says it can't run the file itself and gives this error:
"main (12, 29) : ERR : "Junk" is not declared"

Now what does that mean?! (Removing the script line from void OnStart() makes the game launch the map with no problems.)

Now my script file consists only of the "ShowEnemyPlayerPosition" line, but it won't work with that line present. Any help?

EDIT: NVM. Fixed it. Some spaces have caused a problem and the game gave in. Now it works perfectly. I'm starting to do a small mod. But I barely have at least 1% knowledge in modding. But now I'm working on a mod known as "Floating Midway". You'll find out more about it on one of the threads in Showcase.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2011, 06:50 PM by Robby.)
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making an enemy chase you on level start? - by Robby - 01-04-2011, 06:16 PM