The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about script for sound and forced look
Ge15t Offline

Threads: 8
Question about script for sound and forced look

This was in the recollection thread:

Code:
PlaySoundAtEntity(string& asSoundName, string& asSoundFile, string& asEntity, float afFadeTime, bool abSaveSound);

-Where string& asSoundName is name of a sound.(Can be left blank, unless you want it to loop, and later stop.
-string& asSoundFile is sound file; the file you want to be played.
-string& asEntity is entity you want it to be played.(For example "player" makes it play at player, but if you want the sound to be heard from elsewhere; let's say a piano called "piano1", you put that("piano1") there.
-float afFadeTime is time it should fade, for example 1.0f would put 1 second fade time.
-bool abSaveSound. I am not sure what this is Just set it to false.

And you can stop it by using:
Code:
StopSound(string& asSoundName, float afFadeTime);
-Where string& asSoundName is name of a sound(see above.)
-float afFadeTime; fade time, see above.

But how would I actually input this into my script? ATM im putting it in as this : PlaySoundAtEntity(ramble, CH01_DanielRamble_01, door_1, 0, false);

I know this isnt correct, but I followed the above instructions and tried different variations to this, but the game doesnt even start, just comes up with a fatal error. Can someone help a noob please? lol
02-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Question about script for sound and forced look - by Ge15t - 02-18-2011, 08:59 AM